I have been using RubyMine for Ruby development for the past few months. It’s an amazing program. I really like the code completion and navigation abilities it provides.
Here’s some reasons why you should use RubyMine:
- Awesome search anywhere functionality when you tap shift twice.
- Great support for Vim bindings with Idea Vim plugin.
- Solarized colorscheme looks really good.
- Has built in integration with GitHub, Rails, etc. so I can perform actions from the IDE instead of having to keep a terminal running with rails server and another one to type git commands into.
- Good support for Terminus font (TTF)
- Really good code folding
- Shows errors well
- Integrates into the OS theme.